THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 12, 2015

So my enthusiasm to resurrect this blog lasted about 40 seconds. I'll try again. We've been through some shit the past 5 years, but we are in recovery. The house renovation is finished. It took way too long and was a series of fuck ups which cost us dearly in terms of finances, emotional, physical and psychological health. I ended up in hospital with pneumonia, lost my dearest friend because after days that started at 6am and didn't end until 11pm I didn't have the time or energy to be a friend and for a long while I lost my self respect.
My husband lost his grip on reality and has been forced to give up his true love - alcohol. But we are done with loss: we battled, we struggled and we eventually fought our way to the surface. Our house is GORGEOUS and we are thrilled, everyday, to have such a beautiful home.
I had something resembling a mid-life crisis and decided to pursue a PhD in structural biology. I was awarded a scholarship and I'm half way through. My girl is in high school now and, to her delight, one whole centimetre taller then me. I'm very proud of her and the person she is turning out to be.
The delinquent step-son got kicked out of his mother's house six months ago, so he's ours now. I was really nervous about him moving in - he has a history of violent behaviour and drug abuse so actually I was terrified. But he's been great. He helps around the house, pays board and has stayed clean and even quit smoking. I'm at a bit of a loss as to why he was so off the rails previously. He says it's just that his Mum and Step Dad are so uptight and his Dad and I don't wind him up. It can't be that simple can it? Well, whatever we're doing is working so everyone is happy. He's working towards enlisting in the army, he just needs to drop some weight and finish year 10 of high school. He's already lost 22 kilos and enrolled in a course so he's well on the way. I'm really impressed with what he's achieved and how focused he is.
After six years of unemployment my husband is now designing for a new company that makes envirodenim. He's designing their haute couture ranges and he's coming up with some fabulous stuff. He's not getting paid much or regularly but they aren't actually selling anything yet but we have high hopes. So all in all many reasons for pride and happiness.

0 comments: